View Single Post
Old 05-08-17, 05:51 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
only time I tried a century, I played it safe on the Cape Cod Rail Trail. did the up & back twice from South Dennis to South Wellfleet. when I got home &recalculated it was only 88 miles. ugh hahaha it's the same scenery up & back especially if you do it twice! but it's REALY NICE scenery!

later on, developed a regular ride, further North in Wellfleet, using Lecount Hollow Rd & Ocean View Drive to Newcomb Hollow Beach which has a bathhouse & seasonal concession truck. bring a lunch & suit, hang out a cpl hrs, swim & sun, then ride back. makes a really nice day of it! (if you don't mind driving to a bike ride)

I think w/o the stop to sunbath & swim, that round trip (x2) would be close to 100 flat miles

plus it's easy to combine this with a stay over in a motel for 1 or 2 nites & get a cpl more rides in
I did a double CCRT & Old Colony rail trail last year, together twice with a quick side jaunt put me at 100 miles. It was a Thursday and the trail wasn't overly crowded.