Old 05-14-17, 07:05 PM
ButchA

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Del Rey, 25" frame, 12 speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, everyone....

Here's a satellite image that will better explain the site of my crash into the center divided road/curb/median:

Blue arrow line = I am riding eastbound on Patterson Ave with the flow of traffic, hugging the right lane and right shoulder.
Turning blue arrow line = No serious traffic as the light at Gaskins & Patterson (far right, off screen) just changed green. So, I quickly veered over into the left lane, tightly hugging the center divide/curb, as I planned on stopping at Lakeland to turn left, once oncoming traffic was clear.
Yellow "X" = I don't know... All I remember is a loud car horn, and in a panic, getting driven into the curb. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground.
White dotted line = the shortcut route to my house. I could have/should have gone straight to Maybeury (just ahead where the "P" is for Patterson on the map and the Win 10 map control panel is), and turned at the light. But as we all know with a bicycle, you will NEVER get a green arrow, as a bike can't trigger a traffic light.

Last edited by ButchA; 05-14-17 at 07:09 PM.