Old 12-23-05, 09:00 AM
SDRider
Cat None

Bikes: LOOK KG 461, LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er 0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can see not wanting to mess with a BB or headset or adjust derailluers (those things are kind of a mystery to me at this point in time-I know how they work but adjusting them is a bit daunting...I'm just afraid I'll make it worse if I try that) but I agree with you on your other points. Everyone (well, almost everyone) should be able to change a tire, adjust handlebars, seat height etc. I've changed cassettes, brakes, seats, flipped my stem around and flipped it back again but that's about the extent of my wrenching on my bike although I have performed far more complex repairs on various cars I've owned over the years.

That said, my wife (who happens to be a woman) couldn't change a tire on her car let alone do anything at all to her bike. Some women just aren't born to fix things or take things apart...I suspect some men are like this also though. What are you gonna do?

BTW-I think the Felt bike is a great value but there are definitely some areas they cheaped out on. Namely the wheels, the crankset and the brakes.