View Single Post
Old 05-17-17, 09:03 AM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Nice ride home yesterday. I saw one of the maybe 3 or 4 other cyclists I ever see on my commute in an entire year, yesterday on the other side of a 3-lane road where I'm usually going pretty fast on the slight downhill. He was off the bike near the gutter, so I slowed down and stopped to see if he had any mechanical issues. Nope, he was picking up rocks and other debris along the gutter pan and fog line and tossing them into the adjacent grass field. He was like "yeah there's all these rocks and stuff along the edge here, not sure where they came from" as though someone had put them there on purpose. I just nodded and said I hadn't noticed them before, while thinking "yeah because I don't ride in the gutter!"

Also had a couple dogs chase me for a short distance, from a property where the same dog(s) have chased before last year. They were charging pretty fast and got really close to my leg, to the point where I actually unclipped and was ready to defend myself, but they stopped and went back to their property. I filled out the Dog Attack form on my club's website, which goes to the club's lawyer.

Took the e-bike today, another fast but uneventful ride.