Old 05-20-17, 08:29 PM
Scooty Puff Jr

Bikes: I'm a Flatbar Guy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by deex
It is a little dirty. You have to always be on the lookout for debris and cars. One of the girls riding got 4 flats. Going over the 7 mile bridge has to be the highlight of that ride. I hit 36mph on the way down with a 3 foot wall on my right and nothing but water on the way down.

Unfortunately on this ride one of the guys riding with us got his front wheel stuck on a small metal grate at a bridge and went over the bars. He got hurt pretty bad. Got knocked out and all. This could happen to anyone that rides at any time. Not the fault of the road.

However the views are unbeliable. Highly recommended if you ever wan to do a fun ride. Just try to do it when the weather gets colder as it was really hot today.
Sorry to hear about your friend, that doesn't sound good from your description, hope he is okay, yikes !

I have drove over the 7 Mile Bridge many times, and in a car on a nice day the views are just awesome, can't imagine how they would be on a bike.

I'm thinking of taking my bike and jumping on the ferry from Ft. Myers to Key West, but I can't see me riding US1. Like you said, "to many tourists". (it was more implied, you live in Florida, you know)

Last edited by Scooty Puff Jr; 05-20-17 at 08:33 PM.