View Single Post
Old 05-23-17, 05:19 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
That all looks pretty darn good to me. You could try moving the brifters down the hooks of the bars maybe 1/4". Your position is really good. Your neck will get used to it. For the numb hands, ready this: http://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycli...l#post12953035
And wear gloves which protect the ulnar nerve. Bontrager RXL are my favorites, but anything with similar padding.

I suggest that modern road bike setups emphasize riding on the hoods. When you're in the drops, it's assumed that's because you're going really fast and trying to get as aero as possible. In that position, your forearms will be almost horizontal and your wrists will thus be straighter, all OK, especially if you move the brifters down a hair. Your wrists are nice and straight in your hoods position, also OK. I usually ride the hoods with my little finger behind the bar for more security, but that's just me. Takes some getting used to. Your upper arms make ~90° angle with your upper torso, very good. Your back is as straight as anyone's and your hips are rotated forward, also very good. Nice.

Enjoy your new ride!
Looks pretty good to me too. I would ride it more and see how you feel in a week.