View Single Post
Old 05-26-17, 09:09 AM
axxman

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Kenevo SL exp2017 Specialized Expert carbon X1 2016 Specialized Trek 8.6 DS, Previously owned 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper comp carbo Trek 4500, 2019 Canyon Urban 5.0, Diamondback, Ross Apollo 5speed, Huffy? Research Dynamics(stolen)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skids929
Congrats on the bike, you will love it.. I just got the Carbon Expert X2..I went back and forth with which to get and figured if I ever change my mind I could easily make it x1. I'd post pictures but I can't figure out how to do it in this site from my Macbook without completely mutilating them.

I did a bunch of mods to mine already, all were worth it. I redid the entire cockpit in Carbon, Enve bars, and stem and S works Carb Bar endz. Then I took off the stock saddle and replaced it with the Phenom, whoa! what a difference for me-saddles are personal though. I then replaced the brakes with XT Deore and Ice Tech rotors. And I put on a set of Raceface Chester Pedals, the composite ones. I was going to go Boomslang, but the extra money wasn't worth it for a heavier pedal. And where pedals usually get thrashed composite is good in this location. I also took off the stock tires and put on a set of Clement MSO Xplors which make the bike handle even better. Oh and by the way this frame handles magnificently off road on light trails/gravel, whatever you want to call it. You have to watch your lines a bit more if you come across something a bit technical moreso than on a MTN bike but I tend to like that about the ride experience. I wouldn't take it into any crazy technical trail situations, but light trail the bike is a BLAST to ride. Your X1 will perform well there. Last thing I did was I took off the hideous stickers on the wheels with a heat gun to give it even more of a stealth look. I did replace it with some 2cm 3M black relfective tape which I put strategically all over the bike since sometimes I ride early in the am. that tape is awesome stuff, can't even notice it on these bikes.. Next I am taking the crank off and putting on the carbon crank that comes on the Pro version, then next year carbon wheels. Yes I have lost my mind over this bike!

Enjoy it and I agree the carbon feel is very different, its so smooth and quiet, sometimes I just ride around smiling the entire time.
Thanks skids

I have studied your mods carefully, i knew i wanted 1x11 so i just went for it. I was just thinking
About removing the wheel stickers last night. As far as pedals go, i am happy with the ones my lbs sold me. They are mtb pedald
But i like how they look, planning on getting the plug and play fenders, stix lights and something to put in the second water bottle holder. Already have a quad lock mount comming and a mis match adaptor for the shifter. I will get photos out next week