Old 06-04-17, 01:14 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3455 Post(s)
Liked 1,454 Times in 1,133 Posts
Sometimes when my bag was at the limit, I drape my down vest over the top of my bag to give me a little more insulation thickness in the torso region. I almost always carry a down vest on bike tours.

A skull type stocking cap works wonders to keep you warmer at night. But one with a tassle does not work so well with sleeping bag hoods.

Some people think that a sleeping bag liner will make a sleeping bag warmer. I do not think they add any temperature, but I use one to keep my sleeping bag cleaner. But if they add even a few degrees, that sounds like what you are trying to add is a few degrees to your existing bag.

Sleeping pads are often rated for how well they insulate. If your bag is not down, then your bag likely provides good insulationunderneath you. But down underneath you provides very little insulation. That is another factor to consider.