View Single Post
Old 06-08-17, 12:56 PM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My adult son an I own two Bromptons. Use them mainly for leisure and holyday at present. No plans to get rid of them but since you do not get a lot of answers I`ll give my wiew on your problem.

If I was to get rid of the B it would be if I lived in a place (like Copenhagen ) where it is not easy to take the bike with you. Parks, museums and other places can have strict rules for bikes (and I did not have space to store one extra folder), and a heavy fine if you do not obey. Outside the Kronborg Castle in Helsingør a guard told us we could not WALK our bikes (with a lot of luggage on them) down to the picknic area. He told us "If you meet the wrong person (guard) it is a 200 British pound fine for taking the bikes past the bike racks". We decided to split into two groups, one watching bikes one going innside the museum and then swap. Takes a lot of extra time.

Did you look at the 16" Downtube (mini I think it is called) or Dahon Curves? If you buy second hand you may feel better about leaving them locked up outside. I have decided to take a hand painted upgraded folder from the 70`s next time I go to Denmark or Europe but that one is not ideal for flying.

Last edited by badmother; 06-08-17 at 01:02 PM. Reason: zPelLinG