View Single Post
Old 06-08-17, 04:17 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
I don't really aspire to that kind of physique. I know the limits of my self-discipline and that's well beyond those limits. I'm not sure if I'd actually live longer if I stopped eating pizza and donuts, but I'm certain that it would seem longer.
You could still eat SOME of that stuff if you commuted every day. But setting reasonable goals is certainly a good thing when it comes to fitness.

Besides my wife actually complains that I'm getting too skinny when I drop below about 190.
Gotta keep Wifey happy. In my case, my wife is already a gym rat. When all of my 6-pack magically returned (didn't do ONE sit-up or crunch) she hired a personal trainer to catch up. I am not complaining.

Just a footnote for the rest of you (guys only): If you are trying to attract women into a long term relationship, DO NOT get yourself looking like a "Men's Fitness" cover model. Most women are so self-conscious about their bodies to begin with that ripping up only hurts your chances of hooking up long term ESPECIALLY middle age dudes like me. Thankfully I'm covered already.

Keep eating the pizza if your wife digs you as is!