View Single Post
Old 06-10-17, 12:04 PM
MaxwellTurner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes I agree Fett (and others). He and I have already had this conversation. I would never take advantage of a friend's kind offer. My main goal was to determine if I can have a Tri bike be both a daily ride and a bike for race day (if that ever happens again) which doesn't appear to be so. I've never rode a tri bike before. He is out of country for another week, and I can't see/ride it for a few days still, so I'm doing my own research until he gets back. He wants me to buy it in hopes that I will try another triathlon. He already told me that if I don't like it I could likely sell it for more that I paid ... the money means very little to him. He just bought a new $8000 tri bike.

I don't think I will buy it now that I know a good road bike is a better choice for a daily rider/trainer, however, I am remotely considering the option of putting regular handle bars on it and move the seat back as far as I can to try emulate a road bike. I would NEVER buy it simply for the purpose of making a few dollars ... a couple hundred doesn't mean THAT much to me either. I will take a look and give it a ride when I get the chance, but I'm leaning towards letting it go and start looking for a road bike ... sadly ... it's such a damn cool bike!

Max