Old 06-11-17, 12:01 PM
cycling705

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
It seems like in the United States, you guys can't get good bike tyres at reasonable prices from your local online stores, if you buy from a German online retailer as I have on over 10 occasions without issue, you get access to great tyres at great prices.

As an example, if I had the ATX, these are the tyres I would consider putting on them.

Schwalbe Marathon Supreme HD Evolution MTB Folding Tire
Schwalbe Marathon Mondial Evolution Folding Tire
Schwalbe Big-One Evolution Tubeless Folding Tire

With the above tyres, if you aren't logged into an account with the site, you will see higher prices because by default a 19% Value Add Tax applies, but if you live outside Europe and the UK, you don't pay that tax.

Now like most of the German online stores, you pay a flat rate for delivery, so whether it is one tyre or twenty tyres and twenty tubes you are ordering, the delivery cost will be the same.
Thank you for those recommendations. When you order, how long does it usually take to receive your products?

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
My main concern with getting my bike comfortable was raising the stem height and/or handlebars, which is why I encourage you to test ride the contenders you are looking at, to see how they feel to you.

But whatever bike you buy, with a little bit of tinkering, you should be able to make it as comfortable as needed, although I understand that it is better to get a bike that needs as little tinkering as possible to be comfortable.
I agree with you totally. The LBS mentioned swapping out the original stem for a higher-rise stem. That would likely get me very close to the ride type I'm seeking. The one you have on your SLR2 seems very similar to what he recomended (40-degree rise).

Thanks again for your advice! Very helpful.