Old 06-11-17, 09:47 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Observe
Do you guys know anyone that does this? Basically I've been bike messaging for a year so I built up my strength, fell in love with the cycling world and wanna take it to the next level..but the thing is I smoke a lot and im 35
35 is a good age. There are a lot of things you can do at 35.... despite a crappy lifestyle. It is possible that you might even be able to drink heavily, not sleep much, and eat fried (and other crappy) foods. Of course..... at 35... you are at the end-days of youthful tolerance. But just showing up at the races and being a part of the race will be fun too.

Meanwhile.... in cycling (and every other competitive sport)... some take winning seriously. You'll be racing against people who have never smoked, don't drink or drug, eat right, and sleep 7-8 hours a night.

Just imagine what a well oiled machine you would be.... if you had a healthy lifestyle, heathy body, and a real commitment to win.

I smoked for 35+ years. Most of my friends also smoked. No one my age STILL smokes. And no one I know would suggest to you to anything other than quit.