Old 03-30-03, 02:22 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Tire keeps going flat.

Anyone had this problem.. On my older road bike, while out a couple rides ago, it went flat and I had to chage it.. Lasted till I go home. Next morning it was flat.. Took it apart. Could see no leak. Rode it, stayed inflated. Next morining flat.. Took apart. Tube stayed inflated seperate of tire , could hear no leak; no protruding objects about tire or riim.. Rode bike again, and repeat of same
After next ride I gave up and put on a new tire and tube. Had no difficulty packing the tube.. Rode bike, next day flat..! Took apart tire; submerged tire in water. No bubbles.. Dried tube repacked. No difficulty there. Packed easily...
Rode it again. Next day flat.. Took apart, no leaks about tube... New tire/tube. Re-installed. Rode next day flat !
Now, Sitting out in garage flat.. Do I have to again put on a new tire/tube? The tire is a Performance tire with Kevlar..
Not having a problem right now with my other bikes.... About to give up and call in the reserves.. Resort to my favorite tire- a Armadillo by Specialized.. Plus a new tube.
Anyone relate to this kind of luck. What is going on.. This is like the second time I have replaced tire/tube and like fourth flat that takes all night to develope. Yesterday, went on a 54 mile ride on this bike and stayed inflated whole time.
I hate to give up on a tire that has hardly been used !