View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 07:28 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
I rode the Vie 13 "Geezer Races" at Hellyer again tonight. On the menu was "Scratchapaloosa". Three scratch races. It was three girls vs. more than 15 boys, Cat 1/2 boys, tuning up for track nats. From my perspective, it was hardly a fair fight. I'm not going to bother with a race report, because I didn't race. I didn't even really survive. I have no idea what a fist fight feels like, but they have to be something like what happened to me tonight in that first race.

After the first race, we three gals ganged up on the RD and told him "THAT was NOT fun!" So, he broke out the 60+ men (they were nobodies. just WR holders and National record holders) and combined the girls with them and sent us all out to do a 10 lap scratch race on our own. I managed to stay in for five laps, and then just could not match a jump and stay attached. My legs had just had enough, I had put them through an awful lot over the weekend. I did finish, though.

But, when we rolled out for the third 15 lap scratch race, that was the coup de gras. I lasted, I think, three maybe four laps. There was an acceleration, not even a hard one, and the rubber band popped. I had nothing in the tank left to summon up a chase, so I rolled onto the apron and called it a night.

I've worked pretty hard this week. Chips have all been cashed!

Sounds fun.