nicetry
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stucky
OP, how old are you?

You sound a lot like me. I eat one meal a day (Not for the sake of a diet, but just because it's the way I've always been, and I don't get hungry during the day). I eat less calories than you. Lately, I can't lose weight no matter hat I do.

Up until my mid 30's, I never even had to give weight so much as a thought. I was always slim.
Late 30's I started gaining a little- not fat or anything- just heavier than what I always had been.
Late 40's....I woke up weighing 228 one day! (Had always been 170-180 since high-school).

I started taking weight loss seriously, and got back down to a maintainable 170...for a year or so. Now, at 55, no matter what I do, I just keep gaining- back up to 197- tried everything- it just seems to make no difference. I've always had a slow metabolism.....and lately I think it's even slower. It's unfathomable as to where it's coming from- all I drink are water and tea; and I eat good simple cooked-from-scratch food- I NEVER eat out.

I think it's just the age. Maybe we need it. When I was keeping myself down in the low 170's, I was getting pretty weak. I actually have more strength and stamina being overweight.

Oh, and the really absurd thing? I was a vegetarian (almost a vegan, really) for 15 years, and it was at the end of that period that I emerged weighing the 228- the most I've ever weighed.

Could imagine if I were to eat junk?!!!!
I'm 26, so I can't really comment or make any assumptions about your losses at that age.

If I had to guess though, I'd say if you just kept at it and decreased the calories even more by fillers (high weight low calorie foods like spinach) like I do to get full but not get many calories, and worked out like your life depended on it you'd lose weight.

Our bodies are fat storing and burning machines.

Try keto if you haven't already, it's hard to burn fat when you eat carbs and store glycogen and I'd imagine it'd be worse as you age.

So far I have gone from 255 in January to 175 now (180 with this bs water retention)

So it works