nicetry
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UltraManDan
Nope.

That being said, I eat honey buns, pizza and ice cream on a regular basis and still manage to knock off a pound or so every month. I'm 31 btw and weigh 160 and weighed about 185 before I started cycling/ running a few years ago. Dropped to 170 pretty fast and then the remainder has just slowly been ticking away.

Grazing works! Small portions throughout the day keeps the metabolism moving and processes the foods that you are eating, rather than storing them.

Deprivation rides/runs are also a good way to trick the body into burning fats instead of glycogen stores, but man do they suck.

Sodium has a direct influence on how much water we retain in the interstitial space between our cells. This is the water retention that results in bloating and swelling and you can hold a lot of water in this area without really seeing it. Too much water, without proper electrolyte (mainly sodium) intake will immobilize the water and keep it in this space. This is where Hyponutremia would set in and is the reason people can literally drown by drinking too much water.

Black coffee and tea are both diuretics, which are terrible to take during a fast. A proper fast should consist of water and a supplement of BCAA's if you are continuing to workout.

What is the point of "replenishing your body" after a fast? You just defeated the purpose of the fast by cramming a lot of calories into a body that is in survival mode and storing whatever it can. So, yeah... I would certainly expect to see a weight gain in this scenario.

Also, how do you know your basal metabolic rate is 2000 calories. Have you actually figured this number for yourself, or are you going by the FDA "guidelines"?

And I agree with General Geoff, weight is best tracked consistently within the same parameters. So early morning with no food or drink and after you've emptied yourself. This is a fact, not opinion
Different strokes for different folks. Were you ever overweight?

How would replenishing be pointless? I know how many calories I burn at base so I know what I can and can't do. I didn't over eat or cheat on my diet. 5 days is plenty of fasting. For me to defeat the purpose I'd have to consume around 10,000 calories over base to undo the progress of the fast.

I know how much I burn by trial and error. I weigh up all of my food so after playing with 1500 to 2500 calories in increments of 100 over this period of weight loss, I have figured out that unless I eat less than 1800 calories I don't really lose any weight. I lose some, but I only lose any decent weight when I eat around 1500. Plus 1500 calories is plenty to make me full so anything past that I'd just be forcing myself to eat more.

The facts are that I weigh myself probably 5 times a day at least. I keep impeccable records. I have all of my calories and weights in a notepad. I weigh in the morning, after work, after working out, after my meal, etc.