View Single Post
Old 12-26-05, 08:08 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
When I'm riding in a paceline group with my 520, and the rest are on mostly race biased bikes, when we stop pedalling enmasse my Trek 520 wants to accelerate past the roadies on light gauge bikes, on level ground. Its pretty consistent and occurs after the group had been moving at the same rate. Can't explain that one. I only weigh 160 so its not me being a clysdale.

Good cogent points about all the bikes here, except gregW's offbased comment about classic touring geometry being out of date or something... bring back a French Standard, I'd be happy. A 520 does handle trails and dirt and gravel most roadies wouldn't even DREAM of taking their 23c tired bikes down.

I think the OP needs to come up with her plan for post SAG tour, and what she wants to do with the bike after this ride. A 520 wouldn't be the choice for a citizen racer, or a person that wants to race cyclotouriste maybe it is not the best choice.

Last edited by Bekologist; 12-26-05 at 08:17 AM.