Old 06-20-17, 04:24 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Ah, the days of full split shorts and being able to wear them......

Originally Posted by texaspandj
My 86 classic is in ok condition, but it has been clear coated warts and all and shines like brand new. I haven't ridden it much this year. it has period correct dura ace and is as solid as they come.
My 87 Miami Vice is pretty chipped up and was left outside for dead. Its pretty much stock and absolutely the most fun to ride. I'm not sure why.
My 88 yellow fade is in excellent condition and most modern with 9 speed ultegra. Its a size smaller than I normally ride making it a perfect rode bike for me.
My 89 smoke on the water is also in excellent condition and was previously my least ridden Ironman. That is til this year when my wife started a new job and I was relegated back to riding pulling my toddler in a baby trailer again. Initially I was using my wifes hybrid. But I got used to it so much that when I finally got on an Ironman it felt twitchy/quick handling. So decided to pull my daughter with my 89. Its the same bike I got from R.T. that had only 25 miles on it. I figure lifes too short not to be riding a good bike.
I may be hooking up the MV as that's the Ironman I intend to be riding on in a couple triathlons this summer. You know that old adage dance wth the one that brought you or train with what youll be racing.
Which reminds me of a story I told my wife the other day. She bought a new outfit to run in at alocal race. I told her that common belief is you should never race in new stuff without first testing it out. And then I shared this story of my 1987 season of triathlon racing. I had ayellow and black dx3000 Panasonic and bought matching swim tunks (speedo style) bike shorts,jersy,running singlet,running shorts, all from the finals catalog. Well I decided to test my gear out before my first race. The style at the time was to wear only trunks (No Shirt) unless you were doing a longer race... You got it. I did a mile swim at the junior college across the street from the apt complex I lived at. My girlfriend counted laps and timed everything. After the swim I got on my bike and cycled 25 miles in my speedos, then got off my bike and ran 6 miles again in my speedos. this all happened around noon on a Monday or Tuesday. Man how crazy. Wish I had the nads to do that now, more to the point the body to do that now, It was 30 years ago and about that many pounds less ago. Come to think of it I don't think I was that brave but more what my wife said "what an Idiot"