View Single Post
Old 06-21-17, 02:53 PM
Cptimagine

Bikes: 96 Merckx AX, 85 Colnago Super, 2000 Colnago Classic, Bianchi ZeroUno Cross, GT Zaskar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Take note to proper test advise .

Originally Posted by FBinNY
Sorry to hear about your wife, and hopefully her knees aren't too bad.

However, this is still a problem. Doctors are slow to acknowledge and properly test for and treat Lyme. I know of a few cases here in NYS, that were comparably mismanaged, despite being in areas known for Lyme at the time.

If you suspect a decent possibility of having Lyme, you need to be assertive with your doctor, especially if you travel because your local doctor may not be considering the possibility.

I've had 3 bouts with Lyme in Pa. I have a dozen friends with Lyme . With mild to unimaginable side effects . Early treatment with antibodies is the only known way to deal with it . The medical community ignored the spread until just recently, using a test that yields results in 2 days along with a 48% error rate .
There is a tier test done, if you (demand it) and find a lab that does it . That yields results in about 10 days that gives correct results . The one we use is in California .
Now scientists are saying the disease is also spread by, misquitos, wasps, spiders etc . They just do not know much about it .
Worry about the automobile baring down from behind and use common sense in the woods and fields .