View Single Post
Old 06-22-17, 05:51 AM
curttard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Impression from the FB group:

Test rode the new Diverge. I rode the Comp model, and I must say, I am quite impressed. I got a chance to do some off-roading and some riding over cobble, and the futureshok is pretty darn good. I'm 250 lbs, so I was worried that I'd get a bunch of bobbing up front and that I would "bottom out" the front end or that the front end would feel squirmy and mushy. Not. Even. Once. I hit some pretty good steep climbs, was out of the saddle in the lowest gearing (32-32), and there is no issues at all with the futureshok. Then once I got to the top I turned around and the bike just glides over the cobbles. It soaks up the small hits and the chatter and buzz without removing road feel. Also happy with the geometry, it's similar to the last Diverge in that it's a relaxed endurance-style geometry rather than a super racy geometry. I can also confirm that the standover measurement listed in Specialized website chart is absolutely wrong. I had no issues with standover on the 56 and it seemed that the standover on the Diverge was lower than it was on the 2015 Roubaix that I have (same size, 56)
So yeah. pretty much a guarantee I'll be getting one.
And in response to someone who asked how it compared on smooth Tarmac to the previous Diverge:

Fantastic. Not as fast as my Roubaix but that is expected. Every bit as fast as the previous Diverge. I'm REALLY impressed

Last edited by curttard; 06-22-17 at 06:52 AM. Reason: addition