View Single Post
Old 06-22-17, 09:54 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
@Hermes, you are doing actual aero testing? Nor sure what you mean by "mini" aero testing? Who are you working with these days?

Yesterday I has a workout on the TT bike. Usually I prefer to do these solo, its just distracting to worry about anyone else, where they are and whether I'm leaving them alone in the dark while I do my thing. But I threw it out there- I'm doing a TT workout, here's what it will be like, anyone want to join. Six friends showed up, lol. Great to see everyone and I had fun. But I missed on two of my three intervals- in part because I was still a little sore from Monday's strength workout, in part because of terrain/traffic, in part because they were hard and in part because I was having too much fun riding with friends, somehow that made me happy-go-lucky rather than focused and determined.

Whatever, I have a JRA on the TT bike on Sat, I'll go out solo and get the intervals done on that ride, as proof of concept.

Today a little climbing ride on the road bike with a few friends, one is a little slower. These were short hills we did- 2-8 min- and at the top of the second one, my slower friend says to me, "I'm going to bail, my HR keeps maxing out on these hills".

??? I told her she should stick it out, her HR is supposed to be high when she's working hard and that's how it gets better. She stuck it out and was glad she did. But her comment just did not compute, she used to work with a coach and train with HR so I have no idea how she has come to believe that a high HR with exertion is a sign to stop riding.

Coffee afterward both days, that was fun. I have been crazy at work and had a work dinner last night and again tonight. Working Friday this week, which I normally don't do. So I got to bed at 10pm last night and was on the bike at 4:30am. I'm sleepy tired. And bike tired.