View Single Post
Old 06-24-17, 08:06 AM
ButchA

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Del Rey, 25" frame, 12 speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Did a very quick 6.65 miles around the neighborhood side streets, just to get my C&V '85 Fuji out for a spin. I assume everyone must have already ridden earlier when it was cooler out, possibly at sunrise. It is already 86° here in Virginia at 9:50am with humidity to boot. Ick... I should have gone out earlier as soon as I woke up. *sigh* live and learn...

Getting ready to go. Then again, look close - Oops... I had forgotten my water bottle, and ran back in the house to get it.
Edit: It's okay - The old Fuji is not scratching my wife's Chevy Cobalt. The left handlebar is gently resting on the hood, and the front tire & rim are just barely touching the fender and wheel well.

Funny story from the quick ride: While I was out, I came up on a turtle in the road, so being a good samaritan, I stopped, picked him up and moved him into the grass on the other side of the road. After I continued on, I started chuckling to myself (being the somewhat goofball that I am), thinking that I should have spoken to the turtle when I picked him up, and said (imitating "Crush" - the sea turtle character from that old animated kids movie "Finding Nemo") ---- "Dude, whoa, like, you'll get run over, man!"