View Single Post
Old 12-26-05, 09:47 PM
TheRCF
Da Big Kahuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw a doctor a number of times during this period. The theory was the cold led to a new allergy or something. Why it finally stopped as far as ordinary situations are concerned is something I don't know.

> I just needed to point out that 65F is WARM bordering on HOT! And where I live, I think it got over 74F maybe a half-dozen times this past summer. <

One thing I found long ago is that your body adjusts to what it normally deals with. After all, go through a winter where it is well below freezing day after day and then suddenly have a day where it is 50 and it will feel warm. But if in the summer when it might be in the 90's daily, 70 degrees will feel cool. Then there are the more general trends. For the couple years here, I never felt cool, but now I sometimes do. People commonly talk about the blood getting thinner - I don't think that is the reason, but something causes the change in how a given temperature feels. I suspect just getting older factors in as well - many older people tend to feel the cold more than young people.

> My point behind posting that link was to let you know that you are not alone. It is very normal. Why do you think they put terry nose wipers onto the thumbs of our cycling gloves? You just have to laugh about it, and deal with it. <

Oh, I'm dealing with it - still riding 50-70+ miles regardless - but I'm a firm believer in finding solutions or just things that make things better if possible and the only way to find out if there are any is to ask.

It would be silly to put up with something if I could find a solution.