Old 06-29-17, 10:34 AM
indiana_jane

Bikes: Trek Domane AL2, Pedego Stretch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
I'm leaving in a week and a half for a mixed paved/gravel trip through the Rockies from Calgary to Jasper. Initially I planned to continue the ride from Jasper back down to Vancouver but found a cheap one way train ticket from Jasper to home so I have a lot of time to explore some off the beaten path places I haven't seen before. It's also my first "sort of" bikepacking trip so kinda keen to see how that all works. Some off pavement areas include the Smith Dorrien trail, the Lake O'Hara road and the Lake Kinney trail below Mt Robson.
Last summer, I did Jasper to Banff. It was an amazing ride --- you'll love it.

This year I don't have any big trips planned...just a two day ride from Olympia to Seattle in a couple weeks. I was going to do it in one day, but I fractured my elbow a couple weeks ago and, while the arm, I think, will be ok. I have, though, lost some fitness and haven't really been on the bike since. The doc said to wait for his 'ok' which, hopefully, I'll get next week. I did a sneaky ride around the block today and it felt good, but I feel a bit safer with the two day plan. Mostly it gives me the chance to stop Tacoma and decide on the day to go via Vashon Island (the original plan) with more hills, or the flat route via the interurban trail.

If its two days and I'm carrying my stuff, that counts as a "tour" right?