Old 12-27-05, 09:40 AM
nausea95
Austin, TX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biff
Look closely inside the ST/HT for the TT holes. There has to be some unless they went to the trouble of filling them in.

In the TT, it's most likely a piece of hardened flux.

I have gotten pieces of brass in my seatstays before - but I notice them, and melt it to the inside before it leaves.

My advise: don't worry about it. You won't notice it while riding. You won't even notice it once you have it built up. Don't drill a hole - it's not worth destroying the tube. You don't want a shop monkey drilling a hole either.
I've looked pretty closely and can see there are no holes, can't see where they filled any in either. Even though it may sound simple, the sound equivalent of some sand in my top tube probably will get to me sooner or later. I guess my main concern is if it would actually potentially damage anything by drilling a hole in the ST which would give an opening to the TT. I live in Austin even though you may not recommend having a bike shop put my frame under the knife, who would you say is most compentent framework, even just to take a look at it?