Thread: Giant Anyroad 2
View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 12:41 PM
zaxmalloy

Bikes: Specialized Fatboy (I call her Big Orange), FELT Carbon F FRD Custom Road Bike, Salsa Vaya, Giant Escape

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Call me crazy...but I'd like opinions...

I've been looking at a new bike to replace my Giant Escape 2 Hybrid (wrecked). The bike's primary job would be limestone chip trails during off hours and a hilly but short commute daily. On the high end I've looked at the Giant Anyroad CoMax (love it), Salsa Vaya (haven't test ridden one in my size but liked it), All City Space Horse (like it) and in the midrange category the Surly Cross Check (meh) and Giant Toughroad and Roam (same as Salsa, test ride was in the wrong size but liked both with the edge to the TR). Wouldn't consider the Anyroad 1 - like the components, hate the florescent paint job. Didn't even try it.

Can't make up my mind, so today I'm on my way home from work and I stop in the bike store and try a 2018 Escape Disc. Ah, memories...but it just doesn't feel like 'enough' bike. Before I leave I see a Giant Anyroad 2 - in my size. The paint job doesn't suck. $850 or half the price of the Vaya, Anyroad Comax or Space Horse. What the heck...

And y'know, the thing rides really nice. The standard specs are pretty good and great for the $. It has charcoal color with orange highlights - probably the best looking of the Anyroad family. I figure I might be able to get this thing, run the Sora components into the ground, then upgrade it to Tiagra or something nicer. Put a nicer seat on it and...

Am I crazy?

Last edited by zaxmalloy; 07-03-17 at 02:14 PM.