View Single Post
Old 07-07-17, 07:27 AM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by dweenk
@treebound

The fork lock would have been on the left side of the fork. The paint looks to be very good in the photos, and you have a coaster brake hub. I am thinking that the leather saddle may have been a dealer upgrade.
Due to the other items the gentleman had, I could easily assume the saddle was either upgraded when purchased or added later.

I'm fairly sure I have a spare Raleigh cottered crank or crank nuts stored away someplace, just need time to find them.

Paint should clean up nicely, but that will wait until i decide if I'm fixing it, and if so then the clean and regrease will happen once I have some new tires in hand for the bike. The last few years have been kind of in turmoil but will hopefully settle down so I can get back into the cycling mode.

Does anyone have a source for the fork side cap piece? Otherwise I'll have to try forming one out of a soda can or a piece of wood and paint it silver to stuff into the hole.

Edit: I'm also toying around with the idea of replacing the leather on the saddle. I found several older threads on the site here where others have done their own leather work. I'll need to look over the saddle framework real close first to ensure it will be worth re-leathering.

Last edited by treebound; 07-07-17 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added edit