Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Did you need visas for layovers? How long did you spend at each destination?
Rowan needed an ETA for Canada.
I hold a dual citizenship: Canadian-Australia. I can come and go as I please between both countries.
Australia and New Zealand have an arrangement. As Australians, Rowan and I can come and go between both countries.

A month in Canada, several hours in NZ, and remaining in Australia until the next time we want to go somewhere.

Originally Posted by tandempower
What's the highest temperature and humidity you feel comfortable cycling in? Tent-camping? Do you prefer shady hot to sunny hot? Have you ever toured the southeastern US?
The hottest temperatures I've ridden in are over 40C with 90+% humidity. Southern Manitoba can get surprisingly hot and humid. But I've also ridden in those conditions in California, Germany, Queensland, Victoria (state in Australia), and most recently, on Vancouver Island a couple weeks ago. It's borderline comfortable. It's fine if I've eased into it and have become used to it. It can be a bit of a shock if I've gone from temps in the teens to temps in the high 30s/low 40s ... as I did a couple weeks ago on Vancouver Island.

I spent December touring Queensland in 2004 ... December is summer there and gets very hot. So yes, tent camping in the high 30s/low40s.

I have travelled and cycled in southeastern US. My brother and his family live there.

My ideal cycling conditions would be from 25C to about 32C, but once I'm acclimatised, hotter is OK.

Last edited by Machka; 07-10-17 at 02:32 AM.