Old 07-11-17, 05:34 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
It's not all or nothing. But even at 100% humidity the breeze cools me off certainly into the 100s compared to no breeze.
Never been a cold guy. I have lived in both kinds of weather from dry and hot to humid and hot to cool and cold and raining. As a clue I live in dry and hot. My wife on the other hand doesn't like heat and spends most of her time inside in the summer. I wear wicking shirts and shorts for daily wear and I also use wicking jerseys and cooling towels and even a cool gear skull cap that you soak in cool water before going out riding. In the winter I am close to dead in the water. If it drops to the 40s I am dressed like a Eskimo/Inuit. Long finger gloves, Base layer, long sleeve Jersey, jacket, Balaclava, insulated shoe covers/booties. I am about as aerodynamic as a box and my range decreases quite a bit. Like it has been said as long as I am moving and hydrate well I am fine in the summer. I can ride up to about 105 F in low humidity. I cannot ride under 32 F in the winter. I did not care for the east coast's hot and humid in the summer. So the two things that have caused me to move are cold and rain and Humidity. Your results may differ.

Of the countries I have visited personally I find traveling in places warm to hot to be easier then cool to cold.