Old 07-12-17, 03:56 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
Zunow Trionic / TT multi-sport coming out party

With the recent threads here on classic Japanese bikes / future book publication and another on dumpster diving, thought it appropriate to intro this project.

I've been short on time for bike projects but being anxious and for too long this one was stashed in the attic.

The acquisition of the frameset alone is another story, though in brief was literally a dumpster find. An owner from a LBS I know found it one morning in his dumpster. Although the bike is unusual and rare, the scenario of others junking or abandoning bikes at the bikes shops in college town is common. Mostly the case where if its dirty and scuzzy and time for one to move back home, they simply toss things away.

Fast forward and its now mine Owner of the shop knew I would breath life back into it and ride as meant to be. That being used in local yoko, amee tri- events plus my crave for riding something older. Clip on aero bars and an old steel bike is my style. I've also declined modern TT loaners (I'll demo ride but no way want to risk damage at some comp. event.)

I've just about finished gathering up mostly period build components, laced the tubular wheelset, soon to cram assembly time and goal to give it a shakedown at the upcoming Dairyland Dare. It has battle scars but the paint scheme continues to trigger the Geiger counter rather well.

Est. year of production is 1987 / 88.

(Sorry for the bad pics and by using my old phone. My sweet old camera gave up.)

[IMG]DSC_0361 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0360 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_1112 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_1111 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_1859 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_1866 by carrera247, on Flickr[/IMG]