Old 07-12-17, 06:07 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
It's definitely unatttactive. Still, the nasty green bits won't affect its performance.

I was reading the Gypsy by Trade blog a year or two ago, when I was in rhe market for a new bike, and saw a pic of the author's Surly Pugsly in some awful shade of purple/pink. I wondered how he could ride a bike that looked like that, a purple/pink frame with fatbike fenders made from old plastic real estate lawn signs.

I realized he didn't care, he just needed a bike to ride and he didn't have to look at it while he was riding it.

It made me think that I probably needed to be a little less judgemental about bike colors and appearances. That said, it is hard to see the bikes behind the Radioactive Giant 2018 Green "highlights."

I don't know what the ration of Toughroad SLR 1's to SLR 2's are sold each year, but due to the higher price of the SLR 1, let's say the ratio is 70:30 in favour of the SLR 2.

With these 2018 colours, I really think that ratio could go to something like 95:5 in the SLR 2's favour.