Old 07-12-17, 07:04 PM
Tbone2

Bikes: Giant Escape City

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Crashed

This summer in Baton Rouge it has been wet, more so than usual, a few days of heavy rain and then afternoon thunder bloomers almost daily, they may not last long but it just keeps everything wet.

So if your gonna ride you have to know that you may, most likely will get caught in rain.
I'm riding on a Saturday afternoon and it start to sprinkle, this could pass and I really wanted to put in some miles so I kept going, then light rain very manageable, I'm tooling along and making a right hand turn and as I make the turn I tell myself oh better slow down it's getting wet out here and the very next instance my front timer looses traction. Oh crap, it was fast and I was moving at a fast clip, the first thing to hit was my shoulder then my head,

No problem with the head my hat was up to the task but I swear I will not fix the pot hole no matter what the city says.
But the shoulder took the big lick and it was hard, crap this is gonna suck.

Fortunately there was no one around to witness my humiliation and I had time to get up and wander around in the middle of the street wondering what just happened.
No sand or gravel in the corner just wet pavement, yes I should have slowed down sooner.

I am assessing the damage, bike doesn't seem to have a scratch, my shoulder doesn't feel to skippy but I have full rotation so can't be that bad right?
I thought I was going to be fine but alas not so, couldn't sleep that night, went strait to an emergency care place Sunday as soon as their doors opened. Ex-rays show no broken bones hallelujah but my shoulder hurts like a *****.
I was told that since I have full rotation I did not tear the rotor cuff and thanks to my age I could expect a long recovery.

The shoulder has gotten better but it still aggravating not to mention problematic at time.
Today was my first commuter ride to work since the crash, sure was good to get back in the saddle.

When I started riding in February the local bike club guru told me you will have a flat, you will get rained on, and you will take a fall.
Shoulder is still a problem but I haven't had a flat yet!
I will not leave home without a pump, patch kit, and spare inner tube.