Old 07-12-17, 11:41 PM
Kaminokaze

Bikes: Cevelo R5, Spyder Bike, Fuji Rubaix Pro,Gary Fisher Sugar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
The county (well...a private contractor) will be starting the repair work on MT very soon. When the work begins, the entire road is going to be dug up, and completely closed to all traffic. It's going to be a huge mess in there with equipment, heavy machinery, etc., and will probably be impossible to get through. From what I understand, they will be drilling piles for installing walls on both sides of the road to hold back the slide above and below the road. There will a bypass "road" for residents to use, but it will probably not be open to the general public. The road is basically a dirt fire road through the hills, coming out near the detention facility east of MT. Not doable by road bike. Unfortunately, unless you are REALLY REALLY hell bent on getting through, MT will be totally off limits until the repair is complete.

Information is available on the County PWD website.

Tonight I drove back from Livermore over MT and there are signs saying is that July 17, 2017~Oct 2017 Morgan Terr Rd will be closed.
I think ill be riding the Morgan Terr Loop this weekend might be a while before I can do it again.