Old 07-13-17, 07:43 AM
srestrepo

Bikes: 2016 Felt Z85 105, 2016 GT Grade Sora

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KD5NRH
CatEye Strada Cadence, and I pretty much keep it set on cadence. Monitoring my cadence bumped my comfortable ride distance up by quite a bit within a month of getting the CatEye. Until my phone battery started getting unreliable, I was using Strava as well to keep track of daily/weekly/monthly mileage.

Seriously considering one of the Lezyne GPS computers with cadence and HR, since adding GPS to the computer would keep me from needing to keep the phone active if I start doing some light to moderate touring. Even with a new battery, the phone is only good for 2-4 hours of active GPS tracking.

to add to what you've stated about the lezyne is that the battery life for me has exceeded 20 hours of use between commuting and just general riding during the weekend. i opted to purchase the fully loaded version with the HRM and the Speed/Cadence sensor plus the outfront mount.

also, i have two bikes. and the recently updated the software to make it available for two different bikes with different tire sizes and weights and such.

the other benefit i've found to this particular unit is that since it isn't touch screen, its unaffected by rain, which i end up riding in a lot. also, i never use my phone for strava as this unit syncs my rides to strava when they're done when i get home using my cell phone.