View Single Post
Old 07-13-17, 08:50 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Not sure where I left off...

Monday was a strength workout for me, core and the like.

Tuesday I was off. Very sore from the strength workout, especially the lateral aspect of my flutes and my hamstrings. Mega busy at work, scrambling to get everything done & worked late on Tues. No time to do any of the useful corrective things- foam roller, stretching- to help with the soreness.

Yesterday I had a solo TT workout, the crux of which was several 5 min 114% intervals. Usually I like the challenge of these, but I started the first one and just felt sore and distracted and tired. Missed the target by a good margin. Not too promising but I figured I'd give the second one a whirl. A minute in, my brain was done. Hit the lap button and rode home.

Today was a climbing tempo ride on the TT bike. I woke up a little early to get some stretching in, so tired. Even I didn't feel like riding and certainly not climbing on the TT bike. But I was meeting people and it was just a tempo ride, might as well see how it felt.

Ugh, it did not feel great. Because I was just riding tempo, I got smoked by my friends on the hills. But I was like "why y'all riding so slow?" once we got to the flats, haha it's striking how much faster you can be even on moderate power output when you're not sitting bolt upright.

For the climbs, I was just so sore in the hamstrings, esp the left one. It became uncomfortable enough by the third hill, that I actually had to sit up for the last 25ish % of the hill.

Clicked the TT bike odometer over 5000 miles today. That's in just under 2 years.

Despite all that, very glad I rode. Fun chatting at coffee afterwards, it was really nice and relaxed. I'm off Fri-Sat-Sun, massage tomorrow for sure and a day off the bike to stretch and generally do myself some good.

Right now a tentative but delicious plan to mountain bike with some friends on Sat.

Looking forward to the weekend, just one more work stressor to get through- an article I need to write that's actually due today. I haven't started it yet, got an extension til Mon. It will only take me an hour or two if I don't dither & just get it done.