View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 02:21 PM
andrei_r

Bikes: Giant FCR 3 with lots of mods, Brazilian made Caloi 100.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenry01
Last evening my Hybrid took me as far as the front yard to play chase bike while helping teach my granddaughter how to ride a bike (with no training wheels.) She has been putting around with training wheels and never really learned how to balance the bike. Her dad and I took her training wheels and pedals off so she can learn to balance. Last night she did pretty good and can coast until she slows down and has to put her feed down. Tonight The old Trek 720 Multi-Track may have to chase for real as I think it's time to put the pedals back on so she has a place to put her feet while coasting. If that works out we may actually have to make her pedal!!!!! I think I'll mount the GoPro up and get some video!
If she can coast, throw those pedals back on and she'll start pedalling in no time. It took my daughter 2 days (about 20 minutes a day) with the "no pedals" method which I learned on this forum. I must also say that I took the pedals off her older smaller bike. The second day she asked to try it on her bigger bike with pedals and it worked. A couple of weeks ago she did 7km.