Old 07-21-17, 10:06 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy1111
I have a few of these bags and some of the velcro straps seem like they weren't sewn on correctly so that when u closed the loop it wasnt grabbing a lot of surface area with velcro....Its my own fault ...i knew it was looking sketchy but I also have used these for thousands of miles, would even leave it on all the time when transporting the bike on the car rack and they never fell off. The other one I "lost" might have been stolen...but this time i know for certain i had it on and even saw it when i stopped one time
That's really odd. I use the dual on my fatbike because of the huge fatbike tube. It really gets banged around but I have no issues.

The reason I asked about the mounting is that so often I see (maybe 30% of the time), seat packs mounted incorrectly. People run the strap over both seat rails instead of running one side of the strap over one seat rail with the point where it's stitched to the bag directly between the rails.

If the velcro is insufficient, you can always add an element of "old school" and secure it with a toe clip strap. That will *never* let go. In point of fact, if you are losing that many packs maybe that would be a good idea anyhow.

J.