View Single Post
Old 07-22-17, 02:58 PM
MikeEckhaus

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RNAV
Super easy. Just pull on the boa wheel (just like you would on a shoe) to release tension, then the strap simply unsnaps and the entire seat roll can be removed from the saddle. I really like it because it's very easy to swap between my bikes, doesn't rub on the seat post, and gives you a work space to lay out your tools/patches/etc.

I liked the idea of this pack when it came out. Got one as a present last year. The problem with it is that the pic here must use some crazy lightweight, thin tube. In real life, with normal weight tubes and a typical multi-tool, you can't actually close everything up neatly. I tried over and over with a regular weight Continental tube, a pair of 16 oz CO2 carts, and a Park multi tool, and there was just no way to fit everything. The tube took WAY more room than that thin piece of rubber shown here. I still like the idea, but it's designed for a real minimalist cargo. In fact, if anyone wants mine, knowing what will fit or not, let me know, and I'll make you super deal. It never made it onto the bike for a ride.