Old 07-24-17, 08:55 PM
TCR Rider

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Miami Biker
Update two years later. Now 69 and have ridden 3,500 miles this year. Average 2014 ride 48 miles and 16.6 MPH but over 17.5 since new bike in April.

No problems with knee at all--TKR and original left one. Everyone is different however now 9 years since surgery, 6 years biking over 17,000 miles with 8,500 in past 18 months. Still getting stronger. Go for it if you will.
That's what I need to hear. I'm going to see the surgeon tomorrow to set up my knee replacement. I'm still riding now but walking is painful and forget about stairs. I have every intention to be back on the bike asap. A couple of weeks ago the pain got pretty intense and I had to use a cane. I went to see the Doc who did my hip replacement and after x rays and a CT scan I found out the knee was shot.
Now two weeks later the pain calmed down quite a bit and once again riding is doable' with pain meds. I'm just concerned about how much I'll get back after the surgery. Now I'm good for 150 - 200 miles a week with a fair amount of intensity. I just cleared 5K miles for the year. What I really want is to be able to keep on riding and maybe not cringing every time I look at a flight of stairs. Anyway I can't see anyway around it so hearing your experience gives me some hope.