View Single Post
Old 07-25-17, 10:41 AM
nosirraH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ohhhhhh my god thank you so much!
Hilariously enough, I got the new bike yesterday and fit the BLB Pursuits....and, well.. hmm. I think I'd like to try them with a shorter stem, as the reach was crazy when at the bar ends..quite nice for quick accelerations from a standing start, but wild feeling when on the road at full stretch. Was also riding without any tape, so that is next to add. HOWEVER today I swapped them out for the stock bars (Cinelli VAI drops) and immediately the bike felt perfect..never liked drops before but these are proving to be wonderful for me so far. Will probably pick up a pair of the City Grounds pursuits soon just to try, but I may be a reluctant convert to the drop...

I took some pictures of the chopped bars - they measure 38cm from edge to edge at the top of the bar ends, and the flat section measures roughly 22cm across. They feel a lot smaller than they look, I was surprised to see 38cm on the tape measure! I found them in an old parts bin at a local bicycle place, I believe they are from a kid's drop bar, but I'm not sure. Made by Dawes....

IMG_9431.jpg
IMG_9433.jpg
IMG_9434.jpg