View Single Post
Old 12-28-05, 07:27 PM
rp54X16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
back to the top of this post where lighting things are ...

A while back a saw a "deal" on dealmac a site that posts all types of sale items. The item was for batteries at this site: BatterySpace.com. Well I checked it out and this is what I found and a couple of great deals I have got from them.
Just want to share the great luck I am having with the batteries I am getting from them. First off I bought a replacement battery for my bike light. This thing works great! It's a 13.2 volt 4500 mAh MIMN battery pack installed in a water bottle. Because of the added power I upgraded my lights to a much higher watt system (I had a old Vistalite stick system that worked but the two 5 watt bulbs just were not enough.) At first I thought I was going to have trouble matching up the ends of the cables (my old system ends with new battery) but this was not a problem. The battery comes with a set of tips that will fit just about any cable. There is a wall charger that can recharge the battery over night. This is a standard charger and if you wish they sell smart charger on there site to insure quick and proper charging of the battery. (The one that comes with the battery works fine, you just need to watch that you don't over charge with it. A small wall timer can prevent this.) Over all this battery has performed well beyond what I was looking for. For under $70 (battery and bulbs) I have a new light system that puts out more light than my friends $300 system! Ha!
I needed some AA’s for my rear tail light and bang could not pass up this deal on a their "Value Camera Kit” for $24.95. Comes with 8 AA NiMH cells and box holders to keep them from being lost. These are some of the highest-powered batteries around. 2300 mAh that will out last any other's out there. Has "Dual Smart Charger" can charge AAA or AA and it will protect the batteries from over charging. Comes with a great camera bag, which is great because my new camera did not come with one. Also, a cable to connect the charger up in your car or truck, this will be great for the long weekend road trips!
The thing I found to be surprising is the "pocket" tripod. At first glance it looks kind of like "OK I'm not going to use this" but wouldn't you know it I used it the second day I had it and it works great. Legs bend every which way so you can mount it just about anywhere. So far using the AA batteries in my tail light setup is working just fine.

I am now a recharge battery convert and a quick check on the cost of disposables and you will be also. I don’t why I did not use rechargeable batteries before now. I will ask batteryspace to advertise on this forum. I believe they are doing a great service to the bike community. Go to there site forum for all sorts of information on batteries and DIY lighting projects. Next project is two 35w MR16s with a 13.2v 10 amp battery… lookout SUV’s!