View Single Post
Old 07-26-17, 01:31 PM
mtn_cyclist

Bikes: DEAN Duke titanium soft tail, DEAN Torrys titanium gravel bike, Merlin Telluride titanium tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Or is the love cost justification? I have a friend who broke his Ti and is now riding steel. Its lighter and faster and genearally better. Steel has come a long way.

I know right? I have the AL version, Super stiff and fast. I love this bike! With the right seat post, tires, and tire pressure it is pretty plush. So curious as to how the Ti version would be different…

Wow, that is good to know. Lynskey always seems to be on sale, and Bikes Nashbar had Lynskey at Carver prices. Good to know what my alternatives are, thanks!
I bought a Litespeed road frame, my first ti bike, and built it up a couple years ago and it made me wonder what the hell I had been doing all my life. I've had many bicycles of all makes, materials, and formats in my life but now all of my bikes are titanium. I had 3, reduced to 2. Titanium would absolutely be my first choice of frame material if/when I were go bike shopping. Ride quality is the thing for me, durability being a great by product.