View Single Post
Old 07-26-17, 08:14 PM
jetboy 

Bikes: centurion cinelli equipe, look hinault 753, Zunow z-1, 83 stumpy sport

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 186 Posts
hah. well just sitting and pushing shes alright. I wish I could have used the smaller fitting on the down tube... it would look much better- the downtube fitting is just too oversized. This is all just practice. when I am done Ill probably take the fittings off and do something similar to a frame in better shape after learning what not to do.

with the cost of the bolts and shims, I am scraping 100$ already. luckily the tap and drill bit don't count!... so the rest of the build is going to be me scrounging things from the bikes I trash picked. luckily one of the trash pics had bullhorn bars and another trash pick from before had a single speed cassette. so i think I am good to make a single speed with a front brake only so it can be taken apart easily.

I am just going to leave the paint in its trashed state. the 100km ride will really be to see if the fittings hold up---

if I do it again, ill do inserts in the downtube to make a smaller diameter so that the smaller fitting will work on both tubes- be much more elegant.

Last edited by jetboy; 07-26-17 at 08:29 PM.