Old 07-27-17, 09:33 AM
sdn40

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by rocks in head
I'm intrigued, but this is rougher than I thought it was last night when I bought it. I knew it was pretty rough, but I didn't expect the aluminum corrosion at the water bottle bosses. I'm a bit concerned about this, and may need to find someone to weld up the "pin" hole. I'm also going to have to take off all of the black paint to address corrosion around the lugs, and do a complete, if low-budget, re-build on this.

Google photos has been problematic, my images disappear but are still linked? Right click and open in new tab to see the corrosion I'm talking about if it doesn't stay embedded.
night when I bought it. I knew it was pretty rough, but I didn't expect the aluminum corrosion at the water bottle bosses. I'm a bit concerned about this, and may need to find someone to weld up the "pin" hole. I'm also going to have to take off all of the black paint to address corrosion around the lugs, and do a complete, if low-budget, re-build on this.
Forgot how much pictures can be deceiving. First pics looked pretty darn clean. That's weird to see a corrosion hole in the aluminum. I hope you can get that boss out --- could be like an advanced stuck seatpost situation ? I hope your intrigue keeps you interested. Clean up the brushed blue aluminum and take it out in the sun - that may give you more inspiration - it's crazy cool IMO. Please keep us updated.

Last edited by sdn40; 07-27-17 at 09:43 AM.