Old 07-28-17, 09:31 AM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
I highly doubt Brewster would take bicycles unboxed anywhere. Back between about 2005 and 2009, I asked about that many times and always got the reply back that there was nothing on earth that would convince them to take unboxed bicycles. They even seemed surprised I would ask.

It seems to me that a few companies have started up trying to provide bicycle shuttles, but it also seems to me that they last about one season and are gone, and there's nothing for a few years. But I could be mistaken about that. One of the difficulties is that the perceived bicycle season is June-July-August, and that's not enough to make any money. Also, a lot of cyclists just ride it or arrange other transportation.
Brewster took my bike unboxed from Columbia Icefields to Canmore two years ago, after my Phil Wood hub failed.
There was lots of room in the luggage compartment and the bus wasnt full. Couldn't get a box there anyway.

There have been a number of shuttle companies along the Icefields parkway, but none have lasted. I suspect it is because of the short season.

Brewster is owned by Greyhound, which isn't known to be particularly bike friendly.