View Single Post
Old 07-29-17, 06:56 PM
BigChief

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by dweenk
BTW... If you ruin a pin while removing or installing it, a nail with a small head works fine. Just clip it off nearly flush and peen it.
I think one of the most important tips I can give on reassembly is to make sure the body pins will start to seat in the rear press fit case hole with only finger pressure. You will depend on this. It's best to test they do before you reassemble. If they don't, file off the top edge of the small end of the pins to make a slight lead. It's much easier to install the pawl/spring pin first. That will go in easily. Then, you place the trigger on the cam plate, move it under the pawl. Then comes the hard part. First place the pin through the face plate, top hole of the case and through the hole in the cam plate. Now you need to get the small end of the pin lined up with the press fit hole on the back of the case while it's under spring pressure. I hold the case up against my kitchen table top edge and manipulate the cam with a screwdriver. When I see the pin line up with the hole, I push it in with my finger. It should start go into the hole enough to stay in place while you turn the shifter over, place it on a hard flat surface and drive the pin home. Good luck!