View Single Post
Old 08-01-17, 12:22 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
As always its great to see all the pictures. Great scenery and bikes.

I was finally able to download and create a link to a pic of the Smoothie at the Lincoln Library from Sunday afternoon. I got out yesterday morning for the usual AM loop and it was fairly routine. Which of course is a good thing. Today I was feeling a little less motivated to do the same loop so I clipped a few roads from the route and settled on a 25 mile abbreviation. On 126 heading toward Walden Pond as I passed the farm at Baker Bridge Road I caught a whiff of Dill again. At the Rte 2 stoplight on 126 a small pack of riders pulled aside me at the light. The lead rider had a silver R3 with the same Boyd 44mm wheels that I have on my black R3. I said "nice wheels" but I dont think he saw mine to appreciate the reason behind the compliment. Eventually I was back at Baker Bridge Road but instead of passing by it I went up it. No Dill scent this time, although I did think of dill flavored sunflower seeds as the sunflowers were the next crop. After them I think its pumpkins, but I really cant say. Low plants with orangish yellow flowers.

Again I used my diminutive Night Rider blinkie light but on the solid setting for 30 minutes until there was enough ambient light to switch to blink mode. It provides no useful light for me to see with but is less annoying than blinking in the dark without a real headlight. I think next week I am going to mount my L&M Seca 1500 on the Roubaix. The frame mount battery dosent hang very cooperatively on the R3 with its tapered top tube and brake cable route. The cable is right where the velcro strap needs to go in order to have it up against the seat tube. Infront of the cable run and it dangles and slides around too much.

I just noticed that I mounted the replacement 28mm Conti Gator Hardshell rear tire on the Smoothie backwards. A few weeks ago I noticed a 1" gash going across the tread through the sidewall with an oh so slight bulge. Bummer the tire was slightly over a year old and has seen less miles than it should have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5O...ew?usp=sharing

Enjoy the rides!

Last edited by Ghazmh; 08-01-17 at 12:26 PM.