View Single Post
Old 08-01-17, 06:56 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
I changed my trekking bar setup just slightly today, so that it's at about a 45 degree angle. And then my daughter and I went out for a ride. It actually made a tremendous difference in both comfort on straights and also (a total surprise to me) efficiency in climbing. I felt like I had twice the power or twice the endurance when climbing, being able to more or less pull the side "straights" of the bar straight back toward me. It seemed to give me a ton of leverage on the bike. I don't stand up to climb, and I guess something like this helps a lot. Again, totally unexpected, but I really love the setup now.

We can pick up our park's MUPs across the road from our neighborhood, so we went to the park tonight and went back to where the hike/bike trails are. I wouldn't exactly call it "single tracking", but we did romp through the woods some. I'm absolutely loving this bike. Between the flexy frame and fork, the trekking bar which actually "gives" a little with impact, and the high volume 42mm tires I run at 25/50 psi front/rear, it's a super comfortable bike, even off road. At these pressures, I'm a little ginger with tree roots and I pick my lines carefully (I don't exactly bomb down rocky trails at speed anyway), but the comfort on the gravel we ride is absolutely worth the trade off.
Likes For hokiefyd: