chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Missy C
How's that? Sorry! Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Well, I made an online purchase that was within my original amount. I may regret it, but I ordered this:

http://www.earthspirits.net/Merchant...anche-sportldy

I figure I will take it to a nice guy I spoke with yesterday and let him fit it for me and switch the tires to slicks. I'll get a year's service with the assembly/fitting, and he's been around cycling about 30 years.

Not quite what I started out thinking of, but hey, it's my first bike, and I doubt I'll keep it over a year or so. It's a start.

I did a search here and some people said Jeep was junk, so I don't know. The post I read was on a full suspension and not hard tail.

What, if anything, do you think about it?
It's an inexpensive steel-framed bike so it's probably pretty heavy, but the main thing is that you will have something to ride until you can upgrade to a lighter, higher quality bike down the road if you choose. Definitely take it down and have someone who knows what they are doing assemble it, fit it to you as much as possible and yes, smooth tires are a good idea. Good luck, let us know how things go.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey